Fourteen area high school seniors receive scholarships totaling $50,000 from Pedernales Electric Cooperative. Scholarship recipients were announced April 17 during a reception held in their honor at PEC’s headquarters in Johnson City, Texas.
PEC Scholarship Program
Our Co-op is committed to the leaders of tomorrow, and for more than a decade we have offered scholarships to local high school and homeschooled seniors.
This year, PEC provided 14 scholarships to deserving seniors, with amounts ranging from $2,500 to a single $10,000 scholarship.
PEC scholarships may be applied toward tuition, fees and expenses at any college, university, junior college, technical school or trade school.
2013 PEC Scholarship Recipients
Congratulations to the following students who earned scholarships in 2013:
$10,000 Scholarship Recipient
Priyunka Maheshwari, Vandegrift High School, Leander ISD
$5,000 Scholarship Recipients
- Walker Bailey, Cedar Park High School, Leander ISD
- Kaitlyn Eben, Navarro High School, Navarro ISD
- Jeremiah Gress, Vista Ridge High School, Leander ISD
$2,500 Scholarship Recipients
- Annie Albrecht, Blanco High School, Blanco ISD
- Nicholas Babyak, Lago Vista High School, Lago Vista ISD
- Aubrey Humphrey, LBJ High School, Johnson City ISD
- Kendyll Kohlleppel, LBJ High School, Johnson City ISD
- Ryan Pfaff, Vista Ridge High School, Leander ISD
- Trevor Riek, Rouse High School, Leander ISD
- Katrina Spangenberg, Wimberley High School, Wimberley ISD
- Kevin Vu, Cedar Park High School, Leander ISD
- Justin Wolfe, Lake Travis High School, Lake Travis ISD
- Amara Yachimski, LBJ High School, Johnson City ISD