Fourteen area high school seniors receive scholarships totaling $50,000 from Pedernales Electric Cooperative. Scholarship recipients were announced April 15 during a reception held in their honor at PEC’s headquarters in Johnson City.
PEC Scholarship Program
Our Co-op is committed to the leaders of tomorrow, and for more than a decade we have offered scholarships to local high school and home-schooled seniors. PEC scholarships may be applied toward tuition, fees and expenses at any college, university, junior college, technical school or trade school.
This year, PEC is providing 14 scholarships to deserving seniors, with amounts ranging from $2,500 to a single $10,000 scholarship.
2015 PEC Scholarship Recipients
Congratulations to the following students who earned scholarships in 2015:
$10,000 Scholarship Recipient
- William Mayhew, Wimberley High School, Wimberley ISD
$5,000 Scholarship Recipients
- Cora Bonham, Hill Country Christian School
- Brandi Kuhlmann, Faith Academy of Marble Falls
- Kelsey Mumford, Lago Vista High School, Lago Vista ISD
$2,500 Scholarship Recipients
- Tess Johnson, Marble Falls High School, Marble Falls ISD
- Heidi Klein, Cedar Park High School, Leander ISD
- Cobey Lusinger, Marble Falls High School, Marble Falls ISD
- Emily Moseley, Lago Vista High School, Lago Vista ISD
- Sierra Myers, James Bowie High School, Austin ISD
- Hannah Rumbarger, Vista Ridge High School, Leander ISD
- Anudeeksha Satheeshkumar, Vista Ridge High School, Leander ISD
- Grace Velasco Van De Hoef, Veritas Academy
- Nathan Vu, Cedar Park High School, Leander ISD
- Justin Zhang, Liberal Arts & Science Academy, Austin ISD