Spring clean with energy efficiency in mind
If these mild, sunny days have motivated you to start your spring cleaning, try these projects that may help you use less electricity.
Change your air filter
This do-it-yourself video shares how regular maintenance can help you use less energy and save money.
CO-OP Conservation Blog
Appliances, A/C good spring cleaning projects
It's time to start thinking of spring cleaning to get done around the house before summer is upon us.
Read This Post » Don't forget to clean dryer vent hose
People sometimes tend to forget about simple maintenance on everyday appliances. The dryer vent hose is a good example.
Read This Post » Clean coils for better refrigerator performance
Did you know you should clean the coils on your refrigerator or freezer a couple of times a year?
Read This Post »
- Unplug unused refrigerators or freezers.
- Set refrigerator temperature to 34-37 degrees Fahrenheit and freezer temperature to 0-5 degrees.
- Use microwave for cooking when possible.
- Rinse dirty dishes with cold water before putting them into the dishwasher.
- Use cold water for garbage disposal.
- Run dishwasher only when fully loaded.
- Use air-dry cycle instead of heat-dry cycle to dry dishes.
Conservation to go
Get conservation tips via smartphone, tablet or PC. Sign up (above right) to receive the monthly Conservation Connection email newsletter, or follow us on social media to keep up with seasonal conservation suggestions.