Participating in PEC’s Residential HVAC Rebate Program is simple. The steps that are required to participate are outlined below. Members may choose to have their application submitted by their HVAC contractor by providing a completed Member Authorization Form. The contractor will be required to submit the form as specified in the participation process.
Step 1: Licensed HVAC contractor installs eligible HVAC system(s)
Member may select any licensed HVAC contractor to perform the system installation. It is ideal for the HVAC contractor to be aware of all program and installation requirements prior to performing the installation.
Step 2: Participant or HVAC contractor completes rebate application
After the HVAC system is installed, the applicant or contractor should complete an HVAC Rebate Program Application. Applicants and their contractors may call PEC to request a copy of the application or program manual.
The applicant will be required to provide the following types of information within the rebate application form:
- Member information (including PEC account number)
- HVAC contractor information
- New HVAC system information
- Replaced HVAC system information
- Installation date
Note that the HVAC contractor will need to provide some of the required information. Refer to the HVAC Rebate Program Application to see all of the required information.
Step 3: Applicant or HVAC contractor submits rebate application and required documents online
- Participants must provide a copy of an AHRI certificate for each HVAC system that was installed. Also, participants must include a copy of the installation invoice. The HVAC contractor will need to provide both of these documents to the participant.
- HVAC contractors submitting applications on behalf of their clients must provide a Member Authorization Form along with an AHRI certificate and copy of the installation invoice.
Applicants or their contractors are strongly encouraged to submit their rebate applications online, which will result in faster processing and a more timely response. PEC will accept applications submitted on the appropriate application form from members or contractors without access to the online application.
Step 4: PEC reviews rebate application
Rebate applications will not be processed without all required documents. PEC may choose to conduct a verification inspection to ensure that the HVAC system information was provided accurately.
Step 5: PEC issues bill credit to member
If the rebate application is approved, then PEC will issue a bill credit to the member within three to five weeks. If the house is being rented and the landlord has a PEC landlord account, then PEC will issue a rebate check to the landlord.