Step 1.PEC Energy Service will perform an energy audit and site assessment evaluating the following:
- Energy Audit:
- Review consumption history
- Evaluate appliances and other equipment on the property
- Evaluate envelope of the building
- Site Assessment
- Discuss desired location of solar PV system
- Assess shading concerns
- Determine appropriate orientation
- If desired location is on the roof, the advisor will review the roof condition
Following the energy audit and site assessment, the energy service advisor will provide a report with suggested energy-efficiency upgrades and advice on whether to pursue energy-efficient upgrades first or pursue solar PV system installation.
Step 2. Review billing history
- To proceed, the participant will contact PEC to verify that billing history meets program requirements.
Step 3. Fill out application
- Revisit PEC Empower Loans program web page to find the link that will direct participant to a secured third-party website to fill out and submit the application.
Step 4. PEC will send out approval or denial letter based on the program criteria and eligibility.
- PEC Administrator will review the following:
- Credit score
- PEC membership
- Billing history
- Property ownership
- Confirm member is using a participating vendor.
If any of the program criteria are not met, a letter of denial will be sent out notifying the participant of the denial. If the program criteria are met, a letter of approval will be sent out to proceed and notifying the participant that final approval is contingent on final approval for interconnection.
Step 5. Follow interconnection process, submit application and upload supporting documents.
Step 6. PEC representative will verify installation and complete any additional paperwork that is needed.
- Participant will notify PEC after installation is complete. PEC Energy Service Advisor will schedule a date and time to meet with participant to review to following:
- System size
- Disconnect switches
- Perform simulated grid failure
- Answer any additional questions the member might have about the interconnection.
Step 7. Repay loan on the monthly electric bill.
- If participant meets all the program requirements and passes final verification of the installation, the participant will receive funding. Loan repayment will be a line item on the member’s monthly electric bill.