Districts 2 and 3 up for election this year
What you need to know to serve your cooperative
Being member-owned and member-controlled: that’s the heart of the cooperative difference. Each year, we elect our fellow members to represent us on the PEC Board of Directors. This year members in districts 2 and 3 will elect directors for their districts.
Are you interested in serving your district as a PEC director? Here’s what you need to know:
- Members pursuing board seats must be PEC members who have maintained primary residence (receiving continuous electric service) for one year in the PEC board district in which they seek election.
- Applicants must complete a petition process, including the collection of at least 50 signatures of members in the district in which they are running.
- Petition materials are available here. These include qualification requirements, instructions, an application, maps showing
- PEC board districts and forms for submitting background information. Members may also obtain the materials by calling 888-554-4732 or visiting any PEC office.
- Completed petition materials must be received at PEC headquarters by the board recording secretary by 5 p.m. on March 27. Successful nominees will be announced as candidates April 17.
More information about the nomination and election process, including FAQs, is available here.