For 40 years, your cooperative and its employees have gone above and beyond in giving back to our community through PEC United Charities. This year, staff gave $169,985 to 262 organizations, and the cooperative contributed another $100,000 for a total of $269,985. Recipients included animal shelters, medical centers, scholarship funds, volunteer fire departments and more.
PEC United Charities is a corporation owned and operated by the employees of PEC for the purpose of helping charitable organizations in our community. Each participating employee gives 70 percent of their first hour of pay each month through automatic payroll deductions. At year’s end, the total amount is divvied up equally among all employees, who can select recipient charities of their choice.
This year, the 10 charities receiving the highest donations were:
- Make-A-Wish Foundation of Central Texas, Inc. (Austin): $7,529
- Fallen Lineman Organization (Madisonville): $7,392
- Cooper DeSpain Memorial Scholarship Fund (Marble Falls): $6,685
- Jude’s Ranch for Children (New Braunfels): $5,717
- Children’s Medical Center Foundation of Central Texas (Austin): $4,955
- Shriners Hospitals for Children (Austin): $4,482
- Johnson City VFD (Johnson City): $4,410
- Kimble County Meals on Wheels (Junction): $4,065
- City Chapel at Slaughter Creek (Austin): $4,005
- Kimble Rural Fire Department (Junction): $3,440