PEC invites local high school students to apply for free Youth Tour trip to Washington, D.C.
Apply online by Dec. 17 to see our nation’s capital
For more than 60 years, we’ve been proud to participate in the National Rural Electric Cooperative Association’s Youth Tour program. This summer, 10 PEC high school delegates will join 1,500 students from electric cooperatives across the country on an all-expenses-paid trip to Washington, D.C. On the trip, the students tour historical sites, meet their representatives, and create lifelong friendships.
“Being able to provide this once-in-a-lifetime experience to youth in our service territory demonstrates PEC’s commitment to members of all ages,” said PEC Youth Engagement Representative Celeste Mikeska. “We encourage every eligible high school member to apply for this great opportunity.”
The PEC delegates will:
- Tour historical sites, including Arlington National Cemetery, Capitol Hill, the Lincoln Memorial, Mount Vernon, the Smithsonian Institution, the U.S. Supreme Court, the Washington National Cathedral, and more.
- Meet local political representatives and learn more about our local and national government.
To apply, students must:
- Have completed their sophomore, junior, or senior year in high school by June 2019.
- Have a parent or legal guardian who is a PEC member in good standing.
- Submit an application and two referral letters by Dec. 17 at 11:59 p.m.
Applications open Nov. 19. Students are invited to learn more and apply by visiting pec.coop/youth-tour.