October is National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
Quick tips to keep your information safe online
PEC is committed to protecting your information. That’s why we provide secure payment options and never sell member information. We also provide a secure website for accessing and submitting personal information. Here’s how you can protect yourself:
- Use complex and unique passwords.
- Avoid opening attachments and links in unexpected emails.
- Keep your computer and phone software up to date.
- Use trusted Wi-Fi networks whenever possible.
- Look for “https://” at the beginning of a website’s address before you submit any sensitive information.
Occasionally, scammers will falsely pose as cooperative employees trying to get payments from members. To stop them, we share information about suspected fraudulent activities affecting PEC members on our website and social media. Verify suspicious activity by contacting us directly at 888-554-4732, and visit our scam protection page for alerts and information.