Spending time with loved ones is a common tradition during the holiday season, but a packed house can easily drive up your energy use.
Before your guests arrive, come up with a conservation plan and pass along these tips.
- Keep doors closed to avoid letting cold air into your home.
- Use blankets to stay warm.
- Open blinds when it’s sunny to add warmth.
- Wash and dry clothes in large loads.
- Lower your water heater temperature to 120 degrees and limit time in the shower.
- Turn off and unplug lights and electronics when they’re not in use.
Finally, don’t forget to can monitor your energy use via SmartHub — our free and convenient mobile app that connects you to all your account needs. Stay in control and adapt your energy use to avoid surprise bills.
More tips at PEC.coop/savings.