If you’re planning an extended winter getaway, be sure to keep your home safe and energy efficient while you’re gone.
To maximize savings, remember this list and check it twice before heading out of town.
- Unplug nonessential appliances and electronics to prevent wasted energy.
- Test your smoke detectors.
- Make sure electrical items that require heat are off, including hair styling tools, coffee makers, and irons.
- Turn off lights or use a light timer for home security. Use LED bulbs to help save energy.
- Lower your thermostat 10 degrees or more.
- Make sure the damper to your fireplace is closed.
- Turn off the breaker to your water heater.
Learn more conservation tips at pec.coop/savings.