PEC United Charities donates more than $250K for 222 charities
Recipients include medical organizations, scholarship funds, veteran programs, and more
Pedernales Electric Cooperative (PEC) and its employees donated more than $250,000 through its United Charities program to 222 charitable organizations. This year, staff raised $150,331 and the cooperative contributed another $100,000, for a total of $250,331. Most of the charities selected are located across Central Texas and include medical organizations, scholarship funds, programs for veterans, volunteer fire departments, and more.
“Giving back to our communities is embedded in our culture and our employees couldn’t be happier to support these charities,” said Caroline Tinsley Porter, PEC’s community relations coordinator. “What’s neat about United Charities is that employees drive the donations and seeing what we’re able to raise as a team is powerful.”
PEC United Charities is a corporation owned and operated by the employees of PEC to help charitable organizations in our community. Each participating employee donates 70% of their first hour of pay each month through automatic payroll deductions. At the end of the year, the total amount is spread out equally among all employees who then select the charity of their choice to support.
These nonprofits received the top 10 highest donations:
- Make-A-Wish Foundation of Central Texas & South Texas (Austin): $7,183
- Fallen Linemen Organization (based in Madisonville, LA): $5,726
- Cooper DeSpain Memorial Scholarship Fund (Marble Falls): $5,298
- Shriners Hospitals for Children (based in Tampa, FL): $5,179
- SJRC – Texas, formerly St. Jude’s Ranch for Children (New Braunfels): $5,164
- Kimble County Meals on Wheels (Junction): $4,973
- Chris Kyle Frog Foundation (Midlothian, TX): $4,522
- Bertram VFD (Bertram): $3,901
- Keep Kids Fed – City Chapel at Slaughter Creek (Austin): $3,854
- Open Door Recovery House (Marble Falls): $3,804
Learn about PEC United Charities and additional ways we give back.