We’re nearing the end of Texas’ peak heat season, but you can still do your part to help reduce strain on the electric grid through the end of September.
Continue to limit your energy use between 3-7 p.m. daily and follow these tips to help save today and tomorrow.
- Set your thermostat to 78 degrees or higher.
- Raise your thermostat 3-5 degrees before leaving your home.
- Avoid using your oven and opt for no-cook meals.
- Use fans to feel up to 4 degrees cooler while you’re in a room and turn them off before leaving the room. Remember, fans cool people, not spaces.
- Run your dishwasher only before or after peak times. Set your water heater to turn off automatically during Power Rush Hour.
- Avoid doing laundry during peak times and select a cold water cycle. Try line drying on sunny days for added savings.
Thank you for shifting your energy use this summer during Power Rush Hour. By working together, we can save even more in 2020!