Forecasters are predicting a wet spring in Central Texas, so before the storms begin rolling in, follow our tips to make sure you’re ready. Use the checklists below to help you prepare.
Create an emergency kit
Don’t wait until it’s too late — anticipate storms and be ready. Gather basic necessities to build an emergency kit and keep it handy. The following items are recommended, but customize your kit to your families’ needs.
- Flashlight and batteries
- Battery-powered phone charger
- First-aid supplies
- Nonperishable food items and a can opener
- Basic tools
Protect your family and home
We never want you to experience an outage, and will do our best to prevent them; however, some outages are unavoidable. Follow these steps to keep your home and family safe.
- Keep refrigerator and freezer doors closed to help preserve food items
- Unplug your computer and major electronics
- If you or a loved one requires life-sustaining medical equipment, learn more about our Medical Necessity program
Report power outages as quickly as possible
When a power outage occurs, don’t assume someone else will report it. To get your power restored as quickly as possible, report the outage immediately. Report it online via SmartHub, at pec.smarthub.coop, or call 888-883-3379. Know the following information before you call:
- Name, address, and account number
- Time of interruption
- Whether your neighbors have power
- Report downed lines, loud sounds, or other important details
Stay up to date with the latest outage information at https://pec.coop/outages and follow our social media channels.