PEC’s Christmas tree recycling program is typically very popular among members. However, due to the ongoing pandemic, we’ve determined it’s in the best interest not to accept trees at any offices this year. Minimizing contact continues to be critical for maintaining uninterrupted operations.
Information on free tree recycling in our service area can be found below. We anticipate that more localities will announce plans for tree recycling after the holiday, and we will continue to update this list as the information becomes available.
- Members in the City of Austin can recycle their trees
- Marble Falls residents can drop brush off at the designated disposal site on Colt Circle.
- The city of Cedar Park invites residents to bring their holiday tree for recycling to the recreation center on January 9 from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- The city of Kyle has set up drop off areas for Christmas trees at several parks through January 15.
- In Buda, Texas Disposal Systems will be picking up Christmas trees on regular service days from December 26 to January 13.
- San Marcos has not yet announced plans, but has accepted trees curbside on regular green waste pickup days in the past.