PEC employees are known for their generosity, especially when it comes to caring for their communities. With so many families impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic, local toy drives put out the call for support earlier than ever — and when they did, our employees answered.
This year, we changed the way we gave back, providing employees the opportunity to donate through a one-time, voluntary payroll deduction. Across the cooperative, employees donated nearly $4,300 to benefit toy drive organizations across the service territory that will help provide holiday cheer to families in need.
“With all of the struggles this year has brought, we want to do whatever we can to spread holiday cheer,” said Community Relations Coordinator Caroline Tinsley Porter. “I’m so pleased we found a way to work together and still give back, despite our inability to volunteer in person due PEC’s COVID-19 protocols.”
Donations will benefit the following local organizations:
- Oak Hill: Travis County Brown Santa
- Marble Falls/Bertram: Highland Lakes Christmas is for Kids
- Kyle: Hays County Brown Santa
- Johnson City/HQ: Tots Need Toys
- Liberty Hill: Williamson County Brown Santa
- Cedar Park: Leander Police Department Blue Santa
- Canyon Lake: Comal County Operation Green Santa
- Junction: Toys for Tots