Cooperative News

Community Resources

We have strong communities, and there are many resources in place to help those in need. Find an organization that can help you.

Federal Resources

Federal resources and assistance are available to citizens, as well.

FEMA FEMA has business and individual resources available to citizens living in areas impacted by a disaster declaration.

  • Individual Citizens
    • If you sustained damage from snow and ice during the winter storms and you have insurance, contact your insurance company and then FEMA. Your insurance claim information is needed to determine eligibility for federal assistance.
    • Learn what steps to take before applying for FEMA assistance.
    • If you are uninsured, the fastest and easiest way to apply for assistance is online at You can apply 24 hours a day, seven days a week, no waiting or delays.
    • Note: FEMA cannot reimburse you for food lost due to a power failure. However, voluntary organizations in your community may be able to help. You can also call 211 for assistance.
    • There are also FAQs on rumors on what FEMA can or cannot do. Scroll down further on the page:
    • If you received a letter from FEMA that says you’re ineligible for help or that there is “no decision,” read the letter carefully. FEMA may need additional information from you to continue processing your application.
    • FEMA in your language (click on pull down menu to see other language choices)
  • Governments and Nonprofits
    • FEMA helps state, local, tribal, and territorial governments and certain types of private nonprofit organizations respond to and recover from major disasters or emergencies. After an event like a hurricane, tornado, earthquake or wildfire, communities need help to cover their costs for debris removal, life-saving emergency protective measures, and restoring public infrastructure.

U.S. Small Business Association — The SBA offers disaster assistance in the form of low interest loans to businesses, nonprofit organizations, homeowners, and renters located in regions affected by declared disasters.

  • To be considered for all forms of disaster assistance, survivors must first contact the Federal Emergency Management Agency on their website .
  • Applicants may apply online, receive additional disaster assistance information, and download applications.
  • Applicants may also call SBA’s Customer Service Center at (800) 659-2955 or email for more information on SBA disaster assistance. Individuals who are deaf or hard‑of‑hearing may call (800) 877-8339.

State Resources

The State of Texas has assistance and resources available to citizens impacted by recent winter weather.

Texas Health and Human Services

  • Resources for food, healthcare, housing, and winter storm assistance
  • You can also find this information at, by dialing 2-1-1, or by calling 877-541-7905.

Office of the Texas Governor

Texas Division of Emergency Management

  • Call 211 in rural area or 311 in cities to get information on services in your area

Local Resources

Cities, communities, and nonprofits from across the Hill Country are offering resources to help Texans in need.

Find Help (Formering Aunt Bertha)— Find food assistance, help paying bills, and other free or reduced cost programs.

United Way of Williamson County — A comprehensive list of resources for Williamson County, including contacts for emergency food assistance, housing, utilities, medical care, and mental health services.

Highland Lakes Crisis Center — Resources for citizens in Burnet and Llano counties.

Hill Country Alliance — Resources for the 2021 winter storm recovery.

Community Resource Centers of Texas — Assistance and resources available with centers located in Marbles Falls, Johnson City, Llano, and Liberty Hill.

The Barnabas Connection — Community assistance for the Wimberley area.

Austin Disaster Relief Network — Residents in Bastrop, Hays, Travis, and Williamson counties can request winter storm disaster cleanup assistance. Crisis cleanup groups will clear debris and/or remove interior water/storm-related damage at the requested location. The assistance hotline at 844-965-1386 is available until March 5.

Blanco River Regional Recovery Team

  • Residents in Caldwell, Blanco, and Guadalupe counties are encouraged to call 1-844-965-1386to request assistance with home cleanup and the removal of debris. This assistance hotline will be active until March 5.
  • Residents in Hays County can call 1-800-329-8052 to request assistance to clean up their home and/or debris. This assistance hotline will be active until March 2.


  • HCFS (Hill Country Family Services) – 830-249-8643; [email protected]
    • Call or email for assistance needed, also have need application on-line, currently no center open.  They have milk, bread, & eggs but not a food pantry; contact first.


Cedar Park

  • Williamson County assistance hotline – 512-943-1700
  • Whitestone Brewery –  Water Filling Station – 601 E Whitestone Blvd #500, Cedar Park, TX 78613

Community Resource Centers of Texas

  • They have four resource centers in our area:
    • Blanco County: 830-868-0208
    • Burnet County: 830-693-0700
    • Liberty Hill: 512-548-5091
    • Llano County: 325-247-2703
    • And on Facebook


  • City of Georgetown Water filling station – Georgetown Community Center E Morrow St (20 gallon limit per household)
  • Natural Grocers – Water Filling Stations – allowing people to fill five-gallon jugs.  More information here.
  • Williamson County assistance hotline – 512-943-1700


  • Williamson County assistance hotline – 512-943-1700


  • Barnabas Connection with First Baptist Church, Cypress Creek Church and several Wimberley organizations and individuals are coordinating food and water efforts and have volunteer drivers and callers.
    • Residents with needs, can call or text the Cypress Creek Church Helpline and the Barnabas Helpline at 512-710-5825 in English or Spanish.