PEC and its employees proudly donated more than $288,000 to 244 charitable organizations through the cooperative’s United Charities program. Most of the recipients are located in Central Texas and include children’s hospitals, scholarship funds, food banks, and other nonprofits.
“Our employees continue to amaze us with their generosity, surpassing previous donations each year,” said PEC Community Relations Manager Caroline Tinsley Porter. “Our United Charities program is proof that small acts of kindness can and do make an extraordinary impact, especially when we come together,” she said.
As a growing number of families depend on service organizations, PEC is proud to contribute and support their missions. The following nonprofits received the top 10 highest donations from the program:
- Make-A-Wish Foundation of Central Texas, Inc.: $7,225
- Cooper Ray DeSpain Memorial Scholarship Fund: $6,615
- Shriners Hospitals for Children, c/o Ben Hur Shriners: $6,475
- Jude’s Ranch for Children: $6,215
- Central Texas Food Bank: $5,160
- PAWS Shelter of Central Texas: $4,870
- Dell Children’s Foundation; Children’s Medical Center Foundation of Central Texas: $4,765
- The Fallen Linemen Organization: $4,440
- Chris Kyle Frog Foundation: $4,220
- Hays County Food Bank, Inc.: $3,955
PEC United Charities is a corporation owned and operated by the employees of PEC to help charitable organizations in our communities. Each participating employee donates 70% of their first hour of pay each month through automatic payroll deductions. At the end of the year, the total amount is spread out equally among all employees who then select the charities of their choice to support.