The PEC Board of Directors held its regular monthly meeting Friday, February 26, at our headquarters in Johnson City. CEO Julie C. Parsley and COO Eddie Dauterive provided a joint cooperative update to the board on the historic storm event.
Watch the video to learn more about our storm response, and access the PowerPoint (PDF format) for a detailed timeline of events.
The catastrophic winter storm of February 2021 brought unprecedented challenges for PEC, our members, and the statewide electric grid. Thank you for weathering the storm with us. This page describes the cooperative’s response to the crisis, and serves as a resource to answer any remaining questions members may have.
The following is a chronological list of news stories posted to pec.coop during the crisis:
- Summary of PEC’s performance during Winter Storm Uri
- Hundreds of members express thanks after the storm
- Winter storm recap: Watch the CEO and COO board report
- Statement from PEC Spokesman Mike Viesca regarding the cooperative’s financial health
- Community Resources
- How will the recent winter storm affect my bill?
- Answering our members questions (FAQs)
- Potential for lingering issues from winter storm
- PEC crews are making progress
- PEC outage map has been restored
- Committed to getting you back online
- PEC responding to power outages
- Service interruptions to continue
- Why is my power out?
- PEC winter storm outage update
- ERCOT calls for rotating outages
- Service interruptions likely due to peak energy demand
- Reduce your energy use
See the storm through the eyes of PEC crews
On February 23, 2021, the Texas State Senate adopted Senate Resolution 85 to honor the frontline workers who responded admirably to the winter storm that caused millions to lose power.
“The electrical utility linemen who worked around the clock, day and night, through ice, snow, and freezing temperatures, as well as constant danger to their lives, deserve a resounding thank you from the entire state,” Texas State Senator Charles Schwertner said of the resolution.
We’re PEC Proud of the incredible job lineworkers and other crews did for our members during a very trying time. Watch the video, and hopefully you will be too.