Rounding into September, you may be tempted to let your mind wander to thoughts of spiced coffee, falling leaves, and cooler weather. But hot temperatures are expected to persist through the month, and so is Power Rush Hour®. That means you can still save both now and later by conserving energy and shifting use outside the hours of 2-7 p.m.
Use these helpful tips, especially on extra hot days for the rest of the month, and we can show another hot summer out the door!
- Raise your thermostat setting a few degrees during peak hours, and close the shades to block some of the sun’s warmth.
- Pre-cool your home before 2 p.m. and you’ll stay comfortable while lowering demand during peak hours.
- Use fans to make the room feel 4 degrees cooler, but make sure to turn them off when leaving; fans cool people, not rooms.
- Run your washing machine and dryer in the morning or after 7 p.m. Washing in cold water and air-drying laundry reduces your usage, too.
- Run your dishwasher outside of peak hours. Do full loads and turn offthe heat-dry feature.