We always do our best to keep the lights on for our PEC members, but when severe weather strikes, power outages can be inevitable. This spring, we’re giving you the tips and tools you need to prepare for storms with our new PEC outage center.
New and improved, our outage center contains all the important information you need to know during an outage. Access the webpage on your smartphone, tablet, or computer at pec.coop/outages. Once there, you can:
- Access PEC’s outage map
- Report your outage
- Learn about your outage, including the outage type
- Receive an estimated restoration time, if available
- Find helpful tips on what to do in an outage, how to protect your electronics, our outage FAQ, and more
- Read news articles about the types of outages and their causes
- Learn how PEC restores power during an outage
- Get safety information and learn how to build a home emergency kit
Report outages immediately
Please do not assume another member has reported your outage. To get your power restored as quickly as possible, report your outage to us with the SmartHub app, at pec.smarthub.coop, or by calling 888-883-3379.
Before you call, have this information ready:
- Name, address, and account number
- Time of interruption
- Do your neighbors have power?
- Did you see downed lines, hear loud sounds, or do you have any other important details about your outage?
Sign up for PEC text alerts
We offer a one-way text alert service for PEC members. Sign up today to receive important messages from PEC during an emergency. Add your mobile number or confirm the number we have on file by visiting PEC’s SmartHub online or by calling us at 888-554-4732.
Download PEC’s SmartHub app
When a storm hits, you’ll have quick access to report and track outages 24/7, wherever you go.
Learn more at pec.coop/outages.