Since the establishment of the Youth Tour program, PEC has joined electric cooperatives across the country in sending students on an all-expenses paid trip to our nation’s capital. This year, PEC will select 10 high school students to join 1,500 students from other states on a week-long adventure. Here, they will get a chance to visit historical sites, meet their representatives, and create lasting friendships.
“This program has given our future leaders a chance to network and learn so much about this great nation’s history for over six decades, and we’re happy to continue this tradition,” said PEC Community Relations Manager Celeste Mikeska.
Applications open on November 1, and the deadline to apply is January 4. Those selected will attend the Youth Tour trip June 16-23, 2024.
PEC delegates will have the opportunity to:
- Tour historical sites, including Arlington National Cemetery, Capitol Hill, the Lincoln Memorial, Mount Vernon, the Smithsonian Institution, the U.S. Supreme Court, the Washington National Cathedral, and more.
- Meet political representatives and learn more about local and national government.
- Create friendships with students from around the country.
To become a PEC delegate, students must:
- Have completed their high school sophomore, junior, or senior year by June 2024.
- Have a parent or legal guardian who is a PEC member in good standing.
- Be available to attend the trip June 16-23, 2024.
Complete an online application by January 4, at 11:59 p.m. This will include:
- Two short-answer responses.
- A current resume.
Students with the highest score will move to a group interview round. To learn more and apply, visit pec.coop/youth-tour.