PEC United Charities
Helping one another — it’s what good neighbors do. Many of our employees are also members of the cooperative. They’re neighbors and friends to the people they serve, and they’re committed to our community.
Through participation in PEC United Charities, many of our employees help support groups that provide vital services in our community. The nonprofit charitable corporation is funded with voluntary contributions from PEC employees and donations approved by our board of directors.
In 2021, $288,000 was distributed to 244 nonprofit organizations, most of which are local or have local chapters. Our employees determine where the money goes and how much each organization receives. This year, the top 10 recipients were:
- Make-A-Wish Foundation of Central Texas, Inc.
- Cooper Ray DeSpain Memorial Scholarship Fund
- Shriners Hospitals for Children, c/o Ben Hur Shriners
- Jude’s Ranch for Children
- Central Texas Food Bank
- PAWS Shelter of Central Texas
- Dell Children’s Foundation; Children’s Medical Center Foundation of Central Texas
- The Fallen Linemen Organization
- Chris Kyle Frog Foundation
- Hays County Food Bank, Inc.