Helping one another — it’s what good neighbors do. Many of our employees are also members of the cooperative. They’re neighbors and friends to the people they serve, and they’re committed to our community.
Through participation in PEC United Charities, many of our employees help support groups that provide vital services in our community. The nonprofit charitable corporation is funded with voluntary contributions from PEC employees and donations approved by our board of directors.
In 2017, $245,118 was distributed to 246 nonprofit organizations, most of which are local or have local chapters. Our employees determine where the money goes and how much each organization receives. This year, the top 10 recipients were:
- Make-A-Wish Foundation of Central Texas Inc. (Austin)
- Fallen Lineman Organization (Madisonville, Louisiana)
- Shriners Hospitals for Children (Austin)
- Cooper DeSpain Memorial Scholarship Fund (Marble Falls)
- Kimble County Meals on Wheels (Junction)
- St. Jude’s Ranch for Children (New Braunfels)
- Johnson City Volunteer Fire Department (Johnson City)
- Texas Children’s Hospital (Houston)
- Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children (Dallas)
- Kimble Rural Fire Department (Junction)