Applications closed for Youth Tour 2023 on January 17. Each summer, our high school delegates join 1,500 students from electric cooperatives across the country on an all-expenses-paid trip to Washington, D.C., to:
- Tour historical sites, including Arlington National Cemetery, Capitol Hill, the Lincoln Memorial, Mount Vernon, the Smithsonian Institution, the U.S. Supreme Court, the Washington National Cathedral, and more.
- Meet local political representatives, and learn more about our local and national government.
- Create lifelong friendships with students from all around the country!
When applications are open, PEC invites local students to apply for the free Youth Tour trip to Washington, D.C. To become a PEC delegate, students must:
- Have completed their high school sophomore, junior, or senior year by June 2023.
- Have a parent or legal guardian who is a PEC member in good standing.
- Be available to attend the trip June 11-19.
- Submit a 500-word essay and apply online. The deadline to submit an application was Tuesday, January 17, 2023, at 11:59 p.m.
Winners will be announced in a separate article in February.
Learn more about how electric cooperatives are investing in their communities’ futures through Youth Tour on the Texas and NRECA Youth Tour sites.
Follow our Youth Tour announcements and adventures on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.