For more than 60 years, we’ve been proud to participate in the National Rural Electric Cooperative Association’s (NRECA) Youth Tour program. Each summer, our high school delegates join 1,500 students from electric cooperatives across the country on an all-expenses-paid trip to Washington, D.C., to:
- Tour historical sites, including Arlington National Cemetery, Capitol Hill, the Lincoln Memorial, Mount Vernon, the Smithsonian Institution, the U.S. Supreme Court, the Washington National Cathedral, and more.
- Meet local political representatives, and learn more about our local and national government.
- Create lifelong friendships with students from all around the country!
To become a PEC delegate, you must:
- Be classified as a high school sophomore, junior, or senior by June 2019.
- Have a parent or legal guardian who is a PEC member in good standing (dependents of PEC employees who are also PEC members are eligible to apply).
- Submit an online application (including basic student info and completed short answer questions) and two referral letters – one from the education sector, such as teacher, principal, or counselor, and one from the community sector, such as boss, church leader, or extra-curricular coach. The online application opens on Nov. 19, and materials must be received by Dec. 17 at 11:59 p.m.