For more than 60 years, we’ve been proud to participate in the National Rural Electric Cooperative Association’s (NRECA) Youth Tour program. Each summer, our high school delegates join 1,500 students from electric cooperatives across the country on an all-expenses-paid trip to Washington, D.C., to:
- Tour historical sites, including Arlington National Cemetery, Capitol Hill, the Lincoln Memorial, Mount Vernon, the Smithsonian Institution, the U.S. Supreme Court, the Washington National Cathedral, and more.
- Meet local political representatives, and learn more about our local and national government.
- Create lifelong friendships with students from all around the country!
To become a PEC delegate, students must:
- Have completed their high school sophomore, junior, or senior year by June 2020.
- Have a parent or legal guardian who is a PEC member in good standing.
- Be available to attend the trip June 17-26.
Applications for the 2020 Youth Tour are now closed. Delegates will be announced in January 2020.