Member Assistance Program

Each year, we earmark funds for member assistance and partner with area agencies that can help us match these contributions to the people who need them most.

If you would like to apply for assistance with your electric bill, please contact the participating agency in your county. Our Member Assistance Program provides a maximum of $300 per calendar year to qualifying PEC members. Please note that application for aid does not guarantee assistance.

COVID-19 information

At its April 2020 board meeting, the PEC Board of Directors announced measures to best assist members directly affected by COVID-19, including temporarily suspending disconnects for non-payment, waiving late fees, collection fees, same day service fees, and deposits for eligible members who request and qualify for assistance. Starting July 1, PEC will resume standard billing and collection operations, including disconnects and fees for delinquent accounts.

Members may continue to benefit from the COVID-19 relief fund through Nov. 1. If you’re a PEC member experiencing financial hardship, please reach out to us as soon as possible. We have flexible payment options available and our agents are committed to finding a solution that works for you. Please give us a call at 888-554-4732, Monday through Friday, between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m. to speak with an agent directly.

Learn more about assistance for members affected by COVID-19 and read below for more information on our Member Assistance Program.

Qualifications for assistance

  • You must be a PEC member, and your name must be on your account.
  • Distributions are limited to $300 per year and may be used for current account usage and billing only.
  • You are ineligible for assistance if you have tampered with your meter.

Please note: If you do not qualify for aid through our Member Assistance Program or have reached your $300 limit for the year, your eligible county agency may still be able to help you access Comprehensive Energy Assistance (CEAP) funds. Additionally, some local nonprofit agencies provide utility assistance – scroll down for the full list.

PEC Member Assistance Program agencies

Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs Energy Assistance Section/211 Texas
For all residents of Texas. Assistance available to low-income households only. Dial 211 or visit

Community Action Inc. of Central Texas
For qualifying residents of Blanco and Hays counties, call 512-878-2542.
For qualifying residents of Caldwell County, call 512-398-4420.

Community Council of South Central Texas
For qualifying residents of Comal County, call 830-625-6268.
For qualifying residents of Edwards, Gillespie, Guadalupe, Kendall, Kerr, Kinney and Real counties, call 830-896-2124.

Concho Valley Community Action Agency
For qualifying residents of Kimble, Menard, Schleicher and Sutton counties, call 325-653-1680.

Hill Country Community Action Agency (HCAA)
For qualifying residents of Bell, Lampasas, Llano, Mason and San Saba counties. Please contact the agency that serves your area.

  • Belton Multi-Service Center
    For residents of Bell County, call 254-939-1170.
  • Lampasas Multi-Service Center
    For residents of Lampasas County, call 512-556-2550.
  • Llano Multi-Service Center
    For residents of Llano County, call 325-247-4662.
  • Mason Multi-Service Center
    For residents of Mason County, call 325-347-6242.
  • San Saba Multi-Service Center
    For residents of San Saba County, call 325-372-5833.

Opportunities for Williamson and Burnet Counties (OWBC)
For qualifying residents of Williamson and Burnet counties. Please contact the agency that serves your area.

Travis County Community Centers
For qualifying residents of Travis County. Please contact the center that serves your area.

Additional agencies and resources

These area agencies may be able to provide additional help with your electric bills.

For residents of the Austin, Cedar Park and Kyle areas, call 512-478-7243.

For residents of Blanco County, call 830-833-5269.

For residents within the ZIP code of 78133 and parts of 78132, call 830-964-2324.

For residents within the ZIP code of 78654 in southern Burnet County, call 830-693-5689.

For residents of Mason County, call 325-347-6242.

Ministerial Alliance

For residents of Kimble County, call 325-446-2165 or 325-446-2908.

For residents of Hays County, call 512-392-6694.

For individuals or families where the head of household or spouse is a veteran with an honorable discharge and living in Bell, Blanco, Burnet, Caldwell, Comal, Gillespie, Guadalupe, Hays, Kendall, Kerr or Williamson County, call 210-696-5300.