PEC strives to be a partner in business and economic development by providing safe and reliable electric power with competitive rates and superior service. Our experts work closely with communities across our service territory to recruit businesses through comprehensive member services and relationship development – bridging expertise with knowledge, skill, and service.
The PEC Region
- More than 1.4 million people in regional workforce
- Population has increased nearly 5% annually in past decade
- 2.1 million people in regional population
- From PEC’s service territory**:
- 10 seaports within 250 miles
- 165 miles to DFW metroplex
- 129 miles to Houston
- Two international airports:
- 10 miles to Austin-Bergstrom International Airport
- 20 miles to San Antonio International Airport
- 10 colleges and universities in the region
Service Area Map
PEC’s service territory covers 75 miles in or around the IH-35 corridor, a major north to south thoroughfare in central Texas. Learn more about our service area by viewing the map below.
By the numbers
- Active accounts: 378,259 (as of Aug. 01, 2022)
- Commercial and industrial meters: 30,996 (small and large power, industrial, and college)
- Percent growth in accounts 2019: 4.7%
- Square miles: 8,100
- Franchise cities served: 45
- Counties served: 24
Services and Rates
We are an active partner and offer many unique services to help your business be successful:
- We’ll work with you on large power and small power rates.
- We offer several options to help members who want to participate in renewable energy and/or distributed generation.
- As a partner in your success, we will work with you on infrastructure development and design.
- Our expert team will help with your commercial and industrial account management.
- Interested in growing your business in Central Texas? We offer site and property analysis to meet your needs.
Economic Development Partners
- Austin Chamber Economic Development
- Cedar Park Economic Development
- Bulverde Spring Branch Economic Development Foundation
- Leander Economic Development Committee
- Liberty Hill Economic Development Corporation
- Marble Falls Economic Development Corporation
- Boerne Kendall County Economic Development Corporation
- Greater San Marcos Partnership
- Buda Economic Development Corporation
- Kyle Economic Development
- Lago Vista Economic Development
Meet the Team
Tessa Doehrman Schmidtzinsky
Strategic Growth Manager
Director, Commercial and Industrial Accounts
** Destination in miles is calculated using the closest point within PEC’s service territory (i.e., miles to Austin-Bergstrom International Airport is from Creedmoor, Texas – the closest point within our service territory to the airport).