Is your system operating efficiently? Find out and take charge of your electric bills.
On hotter days, your HVAC can account for a major percentage of your energy use. Remember these conservation tips to save more and keep your HVAC system working properly.
- Have a certified HVAC technician perform annual maintenance on your system.
- Change your air filter every 30-60 days, or any time it’s dirty or clogged.
- Keep your thermostat set at 78 degrees or higher between the hottest time of the day — 2-7 p.m. — and turn it up when leaving the house.
- Use weatherstripping to seal air leaks around doors and windows, and caulk around gaps and holes in and outside your home.
- Keep all supply vents and interior doors open to ensure maximum air flow throughout the house.