Connect or Stop Service
The Hill Country is a special place. Your electric utility is, too. PEC is a cooperative, meaning you’re more than a customer — you’re a member. We look forward to serving you.
Moving is hard. Getting power doesn’t have to be. Review the information below to ensure you have everything you need to set up your service. Below is the information for existing home meters only. Connecting for new construction? Get the information from the Construction & Development page.
What you need to establish service
You will need:
- Phone number
- Date of birth
- Email address
- Mailing address
- Service location address
- Payment method for fees
- Social Security number or driver’s license number
For new members only:
- Determine the day of the month you’d like your bill due
- Name and identification for co-applicant on the account
- Optional: letter of credit from your previous utility. This could help you avoid paying a security deposit or pay a lower deposit amount.
Locations with existing solar or other distributed generation
If you’re moving to a location with existing solar or other distributed generation equipment, you’ll need to establish service before generating electricity. Once service has been established for at least 24 hours, you are required to provide notice to PEC by applying for interconnection.
$50 Membership Fee
- Applies to new members only
- Paid up front
- Refundable when service is disconnected
- Grants membership into the cooperative
$50 Establishment Fee
- Applies to any request for service connection
- Paid up front, per meter
- Covers the cost of establishing new account and electric service
Good payment history
Satisfactory credit assessment
Enrollment in automatic bank draft payments
Low-risk credit assessment
Failure to provide valid identification
Unsatisfactory credit assessment
Avoid a deposit by completing one of the following:
- Demonstrate a good payment history with PEC or your previous electric utility by providing a letter of credit
- Enroll in automatic bank draft payments (residential members only)
- Submit a letter of guarantee.
- Ask for a credit assessment (new members only)
- Will not affect your credit score
- Quick – can take place over the phone
- May eliminate the need for a deposit (contingent upon satisfactory credit assessment results)
Paperless billing + auto pay
Save $2.50 per month
Save $1.50 per month (bank draft only)
Save $1.00 per month
Do more with your account
PEC’s SmartHub is an easy, convenient app that helps you manage your account preferences. Download the app today to pay your bills, report outages, and monitor your energy use. Learn more about PEC’s SmartHub.
Enroll in Power of Change
Add your mobile number to your account to join PEC’s emergency SMS (text) alert service, and we will text you during an emergency, including prolonged power interruptions and peak energy demand situations. Plus, you’ll be able to text “outage” to 25022 to report an outage. Add your number to your account or call 888-554-4732 to add multiple numbers.
Ready to go?
Or call us at 888-554-4732, Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
Due to our crew schedules, we cannot set up same-day connections without posting a $125 fee during business hours (8 a.m-5 p.m.) and $175 outside of business hours. You don’t need to be on-site when we connect your power, so feel free to focus on your move.
If you require connection within the next two days, please call us directly at 888-554-4732. Additional fees may apply.