While PEC members enjoy some of the highest and safest electric reliability in the country — on average less than 57 minutes of unplanned outage time per member — temporary interruptions in service do still occur, even on sunny, cloudless days.
Inclement weather, animals, accidents and equipment malfunctions are the leading causes of PEC’s power outages, but with these outage tips, you won’t be left in the dark during interruptions.
How you can stay safe and prepared
- Always report your outage. Here’s three quick and easy ways to report:
- Log in to SmartHub and report online.
- Download PEC’s SmartHub mobile app and have the power to report and track outages at your fingertips 24/7.
- Call 888-883-3379.
- Follow restoration efforts with our outage map.
- Create an emergency preparedness kit for you and your family.
- Follow our food safety guide for recommendations on staying safe during and after significant outages.