While PEC members enjoy some of the highest and safest electric reliability in the country — on average less than 57 minutes of unplanned outage time per member — temporary interruptions in service do still occur, even on sunny, cloudless days.
Inclement weather, animals, accidents and equipment malfunctions are the leading causes of PEC’s power outages, but with these outage tips, you won’t be left in the dark during interruptions.
How you can stay safe and prepared
- Always report your outage. Here are the quick and easy ways to report:
- Follow restoration efforts with our outage map.
- Create an emergency preparedness kit for you and your family.
- Follow our food safety guide for recommendations on staying safe during and after significant outages.
How we stay safe and prepared
- Our staff closely monitor our electric grid 24/7, working quickly with crews to restore power.
- Lineworkers train in various conditions to prepare for the worst during outages.
- PEC follows robust vegetation and system maintenance standards to prevent outages before they occur.