Despite our resolute commitment to keeping your power on, outages are unavoidable. To help you prepare for a possible service interruption, we’ve collected everything you need to know on this page.
Report a Power Outage
If you need to report a power outage, please use one of the following options.
You can also learn more about reporting your outage and what information to know beforehand.
Click on the topics below to learn more.
Be informed Show More
- Understand the types of outages and their causes
- How PEC is preparing for winter
- Know the difference between power lines and telecom lines
- Breaking down ERCOT alerts
- Power Rush Hour vs. ERCOT alerts
- How PEC restores power during an outage
- Sign up for emergency texts
- Still have questions? See our outages FAQ
- Stay informed by following PEC on: